With the very cold weather outside, this time of year we look more and more for fun, crafty ideas to do with kids indoors. I found this fun, easy & inexpensive craft idea for making a snow globe. I practically already had all of the materials at home.
Here’s how you and your children can make a snow globe at home:
- Corn syrup
- Glitter or confetti
- A stir stick or popsicle stick
- A small jar with a tight fitting lid (we used a small canning jar)
- Place the jar and lid on a piece of newspaper or paper towel.
- Fill the jar about 1/3 full with corn syrup.
- Fill another 1/3 of the jar with water.
- Have your child stir the mixture and see what it looks like and see what changes. Adam loved to see how the corn syrup was thick and how it swirled in with the water.
- Have your child sprinkle in the glitter or confetti.
- Fill the jar most of the rest of the way with water, then put on the lid and tighten it.
- Now you and your child are ready to watch the magic happen! Shake the jar and see how fun it is to watch the glitter and confetti slowly fall like snow!